Features of responsive websites and how to get your own responsive website!
We know now that we must create a responsive website as our first step to address the growing mobile customers. We also know that a responsive website leads to a much better user experience. Now, let’s see what the most prominent features of a responsive website are. Here, I have listed the top 7 features of a responsive website. If you’re able to check all the seven below-mentioned boxes, you’re good to go!
- Intuitive navigation
- Interactive Design
- Accelerated Mobile Pages
- A calendar view of events and an online submission form
- Easy Digital Asset search and Content consumption options
- Social media integration
- Video integration
- Prominent yet non-intrusive display advertisements options to monetize web traffic
What are the options?
If you don’t have a responsive website, you don’t have to worry. You can either convert your non-responsive website to a responsive one, or you can create a new responsive web design from scratch. Whether you have a complex website with several customizations and integrations, or you own a simple static website, the best way to move to a responsive layout is by designing a new responsive website from scratch. If you want a quick solution, all the leading CMS platforms, such as WordPress, offer several responsive themes. You can build your fully functional responsive website on WordPress in less than -two days. But if you need a lot of customizations and integrations, you must reach out to a professional web design and development company. If you have an internal team with a deep understanding of CSS, HTML5, etc. along with the ability to create stunning UX, you don’t have to look elsewhere.
How to choose a vendor
If you don’t have an in-house design and development team, you must reach out to a professional agency that can help you to not just create a responsive website but contribute to your overall mobile-friendly web presence. While embarking upon this journey, you must know that this is not a one-off project. This is the beginning of your journey towards a digital transformation. These are some of the key criteria you need to take into consideration while selecting a vendor:
- Price: You need not pay exorbitantly high.
- Track record: Ensure that your to-be vendor has worked with respectable companies.
- Measurable ROI: You should know exactly the percentage increase in your web traffic; reduction in bounce rate, increase in engagement or time spent on your website, etc.
- Core services/alignment: Your vendor must know the overall landscape. Their core services should align with your business goals. For example, your vendor should also be equally able to see this project as the beginning of a digital transformation and not just as a web design and development project.
- Credentials or qualifications: You must spend time with a team of qualified professionals, i.e. guys who have been there and done that.
- Service: Your vendor should be in a position to execute a stringent service level agreement.
DigiMorph is one such company that can partner with you in your journey towards digital transformation. It’s a boutique firm led by IIT and IIM alumni with years of experience with leading conglomerates worldwide. You can reach out to DigiMorph for a free assessment of your digital readiness.
Image Source: Pixabay